Put it online with Shiny Server
If you want to put your Shiny application on the web, you need Shiny Server.
While the Shiny package itself includes a basic web server, it's only designed to serve one application at a time. And if an error occurs that causes the Shiny application to exit, your application will be down until you manually start it up again.
Shiny Server is designed to serve up multiple Shiny applications on the same server. It handles the job of launching and managing the R processes that run your Shiny apps, and directs web traffic to the correct process based on request URL.
Note: Shiny Server and Shiny Server Professional are currently only supported on Linux. We provide 64-bit binary installers for Ubuntu/Debian and Red Hat/CentOS.
Choose an edition
Shiny Server Open Source Edition
- Great for hosting lightweight public applications
- Community based support
- Does not support authentication or SSL
- Single R process per application
- Free and open source (AGPLv3)
Shiny Server Professional Edition
- Perfect for workgroups and enterprises
- Supports authentication and SSL
- Includes admin dashboard with both realtime and historical performance data
- Can use multiple R processes per app
- Priority email support, 8 hour response during business hours
200 concurrent sessions: $24,995/server/year*
Academic pricing available