We’re excited to announce the general availability of RStudio 1.1. Highlights include:
- A connections tab which makes it easy to connect to, explore, and view data in a variety of databases.
- A terminal tab which provides fluid shell integration with the IDE, xterm emulation, and even support for full-screen terminal applications.
- An object explorer which can navigate deeply nested R data structures and objects.
- A new, modern dark theme and Retina-quality icons throughout.
- Dozens of other small improvements and bugfixes.
RStudio Server Pro 1.1 is also now available. Some of the new Pro features include:
- Support for floating licenses, which make it easy to run RStudio Server Pro in Docker containers, virtual machines, and cloud computing instances.
- Improved session management, which allows analysts to label, multi-select, force quit and otherwise self-manage their R sessions.
- Tools for administrators, including the ability to send users notifications and automatically clean up unused sessions, freeing disk space and resources.
You can download RStudio v1.1 today, and let us know what you think on the RStudio IDE community forum.