Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming virtual events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: August 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- September 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tiger Tang, Manager of Data Science at CARFAX (add to calendar)
- September 6, 2022 at 12 ET: Collecting & acting on employee engagement data with Shiny | Led by Ryan Derickson, Veterans Affairs (add to calendar)
- September 8, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with JD Long, VP - Risk Management at RenaissanceRe (add to calendar)
- September 13, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: NFL Big Data Bowl 2022 Winners discuss the Math behind the Path | Led by Robyn Ritchie, Brendan Kumagai, Ryker Moreau, Elijah Cavan (add to calendar)
- September 15, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Mythili Krishnaraj, Global Delivery Lead - Pricing and Analytics Platform at AXA XL (add to calendar)
- September 20, 2022 at 12 ET: MLOps with vetiver in Python and R | Led by Julia Silge & Isabel Zimmerman (add to calendar)
- September 22, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Matthew Montero, Head of Enterprise Data Services at Gen Re (add to calendar)
- September 27, 2022 at 12 ET: Presentations & Reports with Quarto (add to calendar)
- September 29, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Derek Beaton, Director of Advanced Analytics and Jamie Beverly, Director of Product Development at Unity Health Toronto (add to calendar)
- October 6, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Patrick Tennant, Director of Evaluation and Analytics at Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (add to calendar)
- October 13, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Melissa Perry, Senior Manager, eCommerce Analytics at Peloton Interactive, Inc (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
The Data Science Hangout is a weekly, free-to-join open conversation for current and aspiring data science leaders to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar and check out the website with all the recordings.
A few other things:
- All are welcome - no matter your industry/experience
- No need to register for anything
- It’s always okay to join for part of a session
- You can just listen-in if you want
- You can ask anonymous questions too!
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: August 2022
- August 4, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Lindsey Dietz, Stress Testing Production Function Lead at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- August 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Welcome to Quarto Workshop | Led by Tom Mock, RStudio
- August 11, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Adam Bly, CEO and Founder at System
- August 16, 2022 at 12 ET: Functional Data Analysis (Part 2) | Led by Matthew Malloure, Dow Chemical
- August 18, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Ivonne Carrillo Domínguez, Data Engineering Manager at Bixal
- August 22, 2022 at 12 ET: How to Communicate the Value of Data Science | Led by Merav Yuravlivker, Data Society
- August 23, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Pharma Meetup Series: Data-as-a-Product - A data science framework for data collaborations | Led by Afshin Mashadi-Hossein, Sr Principal Scientist at Bristol Myers Squibb
- August 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jay Sewell, Director of Analytics at Harry Rosen
- August 30, 2022 at 12 ET: Building a Blog with Quarto | Led by Isabella Velásquez, RStudio
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!