Academic Pricing Policy
RStudio offers free, open source products for R that meet the needs of most educators, staff and students. We also offer a free shinyapps.io account for up to 5 shiny applications and 25 active hours per month.
In cases where qualified academic institutions prefer to install RStudio commercial products on their own servers (RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect, RStudio Package Manager, or RStudio Team bundles), RStudio offers academic pricing. To qualify you must meet the Qualified Institution definition below and provide a school-issued email address during purchase. A school email address includes: .edu, .k12, and other email domains sponsored by your educational institution. For teaching purposes, a syllabus must also be submitted. If you do not have a school-issued email address or your email address cannot be verified, additional proof of eligibility may be requested after purchase. Click here to Contact Sales.
- Accredited public or private primary or secondary schools providing full-time instruction for grades K–12, or school districts for such schools
- Accredited public or private universities or colleges (including community, junior, or vocational colleges) that grant degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
- School administrative offices or boards of education
- Hospitals that are wholly owned and operated by an educational institution
- Higher-education research laboratories that are public institutions, teach students, and can provide evidence of relationships with universities
|License||Annual Subscription||Annual Subscription|
|Eligibility||Educators||Educators, researchers or staff|
|Eligibility Requirements||*Syllabus & Qualified academic institution email address||Qualified academic institution email address|
|Price||Free||50% of the commercial list price for RStudio Server Pro, RStudio Connect and RStudio Package Manager, or RStudio Team bundles**|
*RStudio may request additional evidence of eligibility
**shinyapps.io subscriptions are not eligible for academic discounts.