RStudio v1.1.383 Preview — Release Notes
A preview release of RStudio v1.1.383 is now available for testing and feedback.
RStudio 1.1 is a major new release. It features:
- A Connections tab which makes it easy to connect to, explore, and view data in a variety of databases.
- A Terminal tab which provides fluid shell integration with the IDE, xterm emulation, and even support for full-screen terminal applications.
- An Object Explorer which can navigate deeply nested R data structures and objects.
- A new, modern dark theme and Retina-quality icons throughout.
- Improvements to the RStudio API which add power and flexibility to RStudio add-ins and packages.
- RStudio Server Pro support for floating licensing, notifications, self-service session management, and more.
- Dozens of other small improvements and bugfixes.
- New Connections tab for working with a wide variety of data sources
- Connections to data sources are saved and can be easily reconnected and reused
- Objects inside data sources can be browsed and contents viewed inside RStudio
- Works with ODBC data sources and Spark, and can integrate with other R packages
- New Terminal tab for fluid shell interaction within the IDE
- Support for xterm emulation including color output and full-screen console apps
- Support for multiple terminals, each with persistent scrollback buffer
- Windows terminal supports multiple terminal shell types
- New view for the exploration of hierarchical / deeply-nested R objects
- Can recursively inspect R lists, environments, functions, S4 objects
- Integration with the xml2 package for exploration of XML documents
- Generate R code that can be used to access a particular item within object
- New flat, modern UI theme
- New dark theme option
- Retina-quality icons throughout
- Add support for floating (lease-based) licenses
- Add user-defined session labels
- Add support for NFSv4 Access Control Lists in Project Sharing
- Add support for user-initiated session quit and force-terminate
- Add support for admin-supplied notifications in R sessions
There are dozens of smaller improvements to Data Import, R Markdown, R Notebooks, Git integration, and fixes for a variety of known issues in the previous release of RStudio.
See v1.1.383 Release Notes for full details on all of the changes in this release.
Server Pro Version
NOTE: The preview of RStudio Server Pro uses your existing license of RStudio Server Pro. If you haven’t yet licensed the product then the preview provides a 45-day evaluation version subject to the RStudio End User License Agreement.
By downloading the product you acknowledge that you either have an existing license for RStudio Server Pro or that you are evaluating the product and agree to the terms of the RStudio End User License Agreement.
RStudio Server Pro v1.1.383 Admin Guide
A tarball containing source code for RStudio v1.1.383 can be downloaded from here.