RStudio v1.2.1293-1 Preview — Release Notes
A preview release of RStudio v1.2.1293-1 is now available for testing and feedback.
This early preview of RStudio 1.2 includes the following features:
- Author and preview D3 visualizations and embed them in R Notebooks, via the r2d3 package.
- Improved support for SQL; author, run and preview SQL query results.
- Integrated support for the reticulate package (call Python code from within R sessions and R Notebooks).
- New testing tools; run testthat and shinytest tests and view results.
- Support for PowerPoint presentations in R Markdown.
- Integration with the keyring package to store secrets such as database passwords.
- Integration with the Plumber package; author and test APIs inside RStudio and publish them to RStudio Connect
- Support for background jobs; run any R script in the background, view progress and output, and collect results when complete.
- An upgraded rendering engine based on Chromium, which improves performance and visual quality.
See v1.2.1293-1 Release Notes for full details on all of the changes in this release.
Server Pro Version
NOTE: The preview of RStudio Server Pro uses your existing license of RStudio Server Pro. If you haven’t yet licensed the product then the preview provides a 45-day evaluation version subject to the RStudio End User License Agreement.
By downloading the product you acknowledge that you either have an existing license for RStudio Server Pro or that you are evaluating the product and agree to the terms of the RStudio End User License Agreement.
Preview builds are intended for testing purposes, do not fall under our support agreement, and are not recommended for use in production. For stable builds, please visit our main RStudio download page.
RStudio Server Pro v1.2.1293-1 Admin Guide